Thanks for purchasing a console table kit! I lovingly designed and cut this kit just for your dollhouse. Now let’s assemble it.
You will Need:
- the mini rustic console table kit from Minnesota Miniatures Market
- wood glue (I like Darice’s wood glue)
- paints or wood stain if you plan on finishing the table (I used acrylic paint in Light Antique White for the bottom and a dark wood stain on the top)
Optional but useful:
- microfiber cloth for wiping off any extra glue (microfiber cloths are one of my favorite crafting tools to have lying around. Pick some up from AmazonBasics for cheap!)
- gesso for preparing the wood for acrylic paint
1. If you plan on painting, staining, or finishing the table, do this first. I painted mine with light antique white paint on the bottom and a walnut stained top. Let me know in the comments how you finished your kit. Make sure to let it dry. Pro tip: painting the pieces with gesso primes the wood for acrylic paint and makes the finish look much better! Plus it cut down on the number of coats of white paint I needed.
2. Take an inventory of the pieces. Your kit comes with 6 pieces:
1. A triangular back piece
2. A slatted bottom shelf
3. 2 legs
4. A solid top shelf
5. A trim piece for under the top shelf
3. Take the legs and glue them flush to the edge of the top shelf.
Press down or use a clamp to make sure the glue holds. Wipe off any excess glue.
Glue the triangular back piece to 1 edge of the top shelf. Make sure it is perfectly flush with the edge and glue it to the side legs.
You can use clamps to keep everything square.
5. Grab the bottom shelf and glue along the short edges.
Then put glue on the very bottom front edges of the triangular legs. The shelf should butt up against it, not below it.
Slide the shelf into place and make sure it is level. Then use clamps to hold it in place while the glue dries.
6. Finally, take the small trim piece and apply glue all along the long edge. Glue into place below the top shelf as an apron.
Use clamps to hold in place.
You’re done! You have a beautiful, 1:12 scale miniature furniture piece.
Let me know in the comments below if you liked these instructions. And I’d love to see how you used this console table in your own dollhouses and miniatures scenes! Post pictures on Instagram and tag @mnminimarket!
Til next time,